Changes Keep Coming
- A dark red wine-colored throw, which I exchanged for a light blue/gray/silver one instead. It is so much better having this on my bed as a second blanket instead of my shower towel!
- $50 from one of our sub-tenants. You might ask, "What do you do for them?" Here's what: I put all their mail aside for their guy to come pick up, I reserve conference rooms whenever they need one, I receive their clients whenever they show up and sometimes help them.
- 2 really funny drinking glasses from one of my favorite stores from the hot gay sub-tenant with a cute note.
- A bonus from the Turkey that's more than one paycheck but less than two. He must have used some sort of formula to decide how much of a bonus to give, but I can't crack the code for the life of me.
- A small box of chocolates from the sweatpants-wearing corpulent guy who (apparently) still has a crush on me.
Talk about making out like a bandit! This is the first year in ages where I've gotten a bonus, and it's an awesome feeling.
Our office manager is still sorely missed, but the billing guy has taken over most of what she used to do, and seems to be doing a great job. He's super-easy to work with, very straight-forward, no mindfucks of any sort, which is fabulous and exactly what we need.
Turkey and Personal Assistant are in some sort of awful power struggle. I will have to blog some back-story for you on her, but I think she'll wind up fired soon. Which will suck since all the random shit she does will get passed to me.
Next week a new baby lawyer starts. Which is weird, since there's barely enough work for our WASP. It's also weird because she hasn't taken the CA bar yet, so she'll work for us for a month, then leave to study for the bar for a month or two, then come back. What is that? I don't see this working out well. My prediction is that she'll work for a month and then while she's out studying the Turkey will tell her not to come back. Next week will be interesting. Baby Lawyer is super professional, and I anticipate her going into shock at Turkey's shenanigans.